Building an ecommerce website? You want to make sure it is 100% secure? Check out these helpful tips and discover how to make ecommerce websites safe and secure!
Running an ecommerce store is not easy, especially when it comes to ensuring the website is 100% safe and secure place to purchase products or services. As an online retailer, you are not dealing with traditional shoplifters but you are dealing with sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals who have the upper hand when talking about their knowledge and skills and they are familiar with the weaknesses of the online stores. In other words, they are constantly looking for websites and e-shops they can exploit.
In this article, we are going to share a few helpful tips on how to make ecommerce websites safe and secure.
- Choose Ecommerce Hosting – Building, designing, optimizing, managing, and promoting a website costs money, so are you prepared to risk it all by selecting a cheap hosting service provider? If you want to protect your website, you need to choose the right hosting solution for you. The best option for ecommerce retailers is VPS or Virtual Private Server.
- Switch to HTTPS – Using HTTPS hosting, together with an SSL Certificate is usually reserved for the payment sector of the website. Although this is still the case, there are website owners who are making the shift and they secure their entire sites.
- Select a secure platform and keep it safe – There are many ecommerce platforms to choose from these days. You need to ensure your ecommerce platform not only works how you want it to but also it has a suitable reputation for security and stability. So, before you make a decision and choose a certain ecommerce platform, check the website of the vendor and see if they are using the most up-to-date version.
- Backup your data constantly – Imagine waking up one day to discover that your website has been hacked! If you don’t want something like this to happen to you, you need to backup your data regularly and keep in mind that this is always your responsibility.
- Never hold client card data – There are some ecommerce websites that comes with the ability to accept credit card information and store them. This is something we advise you not to do. If your systems are compromised, you could land a heavy fine and you surely don’t want this.
Follow these tips and keep your ecommerce website protected and secure!
— UberDigit (@UberDigit) 26 de mayo de 2017